Re: Installing Type 1 fonts into Debian TeX Live

Hi Pascal,

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 18:51 +0100, Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

> I'm trying to install my own (commercial) Type 1 fonts into TeX Live (2007).
> I seem to
> get stuck with the map file. Even though I've put a file in
> /etc/texmf/updmap.d, I'm still

Just putting files in /etc/texmf/updmap.d is not enough. You also have
to call (as root) update-updmap and updamp-sys. See the section on
font installation in /usr/share/doc/tex-common/TeX-on-Debian.*.

> Is there a tutorial about how to install Type 1 fonts into Debian TeX Live
> 2007? And
> how to package them into a nice and proper .deb for my own use?
>
> For example, what should the postinst/postrm scripts look like?

See dh_installtex.

> Ideally I
> want to
> have a go at creating a script which builds a .deb from a set of pfb/pfm/afm
> files.

You can give
<URL:http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/debian-tex/make-texfontpkg/trunk/scripts/mk-tex-fontpack?rev=3269&view=auto>
a try. I haven't used it for a long time, but I have now just did that
(and fixed a bug in it) and it still seems to work. Syntax is quite
simple:

mk-tex-fontpack <DIR containing fonts in TEXMF structure> <name>

cheerio
ralf