Re: About the names and the contents of the texlive-lang packages

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 04:38:52PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> If the only thing which bothers you is that you didn't expect catalan in
> langspanish, then I can settle that in a minute. I add to the
> description of collection-langspanish the word catalan hyphanation
> patterns (should have been there anyway) and then a simple
> 	apt-cache search catalan
> will find it. That is usability.

No one expects Catalan hyphenation patterns in the _current_
texlive-lang-spanish package. There is no way to know where it is for
the average user.

> If so, please tell me and we can close this discussion and I will fix
> this upstream an a minute ...

Isn't that what was proposed in #456400 ? ;)

Other than that, I don't think there is much to discuss here... until
there is a proposal to change upstream language packs. (As I said, I'll
try to come up with something as soon as possible if no one else does
before.)