Re: removal of tetex-doc-nonfree?

On 13.12.07 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

Hi,

> > as we all know tetex-doc has been removed from unstable. How
> > about tetex-doc-nonfree?
> >
> > Do we still need it?
>
> The context files are useless (there's a separate
> context-doc-nonfree or such).
>
> But there are files in there which should not be (and probably are
> not) in a Debian TeXLive package, either: fontinstallationguide, as
> well as parts of the beamer documentation.

How about creating a stripped version of tetex-doc-nonfree, reduced
by the part sitting in other packages (context-doc-nonfree)? This
avoids redundancy and the docs in context-doc-nonfree will be more
recent anyway.

> I wouldn't keep a package just for the fontinstallationguide,
> though.

If some stuff from beamer is still in there we should keep it until
the beamer maint. took care about that stuff.

> There might even be a Recommends: tetex-doc-nonfree in (some
> versions of) beamer.

I suggest to:

1. create a new package tex-doc-nonfree, which contains the docs in
   question and provides the old package tetex-doc-nonfree.
2. file a wishlist bug against beamer to take over its stuff
3. care about remaining deps for tetex-doc-nonfree and file bugs
   against the packages in question.

H.
--
Women, deceived by men, want to marry them; it is a kind of revenge
as good as any other.