Re: removal of tetex-doc-nonfree?

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as we all know tetex-doc has been removed from unstable. How about
> tetex-doc-nonfree?

>  This package is part of the documentation of teTeX (version 3.0), a
>  TeX distribution for UNIX compatible systems.
>  .
>  It consists of the files with non-free licenses which Debian is
>  still allowed to distribute.  Documents under some of the Creative
>  Commons (CC) licenses are currently also included here, but may be
>  reincluded in the tetex-doc package if they are relicensed to the
>  expected new, DFSG-free CC licenses.
>
> Do we still need it?

The context files are useless (there's a separate context-doc-nonfree or
such).

But there are files in there which should not be (and probably are not)
in a Debian TeXLive package, either: fontinstallationguide, as well as
parts of the beamer documentation.

I wouldn't keep a package just for the fontinstallationguide, though. On
the other hand if we keep it, it's easy to just add more files if we
discover them in texlive (Norbert, did you have something particular in
mind when you engaged in the font inclusion question recently?). If we
decide to remove it, we should definitely give the beamer maintainer a
warning well in advance; back then when I fixed beamer's RC bug, I
offered to provide the files in this package.  There might even be a
Recommends: tetex-doc-nonfree in (some versions of) beamer.

Frank Küster