Re: XeLaTeX does not display PDF v1.4 graphics

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 09:08 +0900, R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar wrote:
[...]
> >(Image:./W14.pdf
> ** WARNING ** Version of PDF file (1.4) is newer than version limit
> specification.
> [UNKNOWN]
> ** WARNING ** No image converter available for converting file "./W14.pdf"
> to PDF format.
> ** WARNING ** >> Please check if you have 'D' option in config file.
> )
> ** WARNING ** pdf: image inclusion failed for "./W14.pdf".
> ](cmr10[Type1])
> Compression eliminated approximately 690 bytes
> 4274 bytes written
> Output written on GraphicsTest.pdf (1 page).
> Transcript written on GraphicsTest.log.
>
> It appears that there is a bug in some config file. By the way, I am using
> the standard Gutsy texlive-full packages.

This is helpfull. I can now reproduce the effect if I call xdvipdfmx
with maximal PDF 1.3 support: xelatex --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -v -V 3"
BTW, PDF version 1.3 seems to be the default, but the configuration
file /etc/texmf/dvipdfm/dvipdfmx.cfg includes "V 4". This file is
provided by the dvipdfmx package, on which texlive-xetex depends. Does
texlive-xetex in Ubuntu depend on dvipdfmx? In Debian this dependency
is the result of a discussion we two had in June. See Debian bug
#430373 and the discussion leading to it. If the Gutsy packages are to
old to include this dependency, installing dvipdfmx manually should be
enough.

cheerio
ralf