Re: [Nenad ANTONIC] passivetex

Hi all!

(Please leave debian-tex-maint@lists.debian.org on the list)

On Mi, 24 Okt 2007, Nenad ANTONIC wrote:
> I have asked Darko Surjan (see CC) to provide a simple example. It is in:
> http://simbol.math.hr/~nenad/ndoc/example.xml
> together with HTML, PS and PDF conversions.
>
> It worked on our old (sarge, I guess) installation, even without
> --skip-validation.
> The other file (lap.xml) gets converted to HTML, but neither to PS nor PDF.

Again a problem:
$ xmlto pdf example.xml
Making portrait pages on a4 paper (210 mm x 297 mm)
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
 \write18 enabled.
 %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./tmp.fo
LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
INFO: Using normal, i.e. nonfrench-spacing in document
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/psnfss/t1phv.fd)

! LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.211 ..." hyphenation-remain-character-count="2">
                                                  Article Title</fo:block></...

?
! Emergency stop.

l.211 ..." hyphenation-remain-character-count="2">
                                                  Article Title</fo:block></...

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on tmp.log.
$

Please can you install the test xmltex package and maybe you find a
difference.

It is strange since xmltex hasn't changed in ages, and passivetex also
hardly. So I have no idea from where the problem could come.

The test package is at
	deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ xmltex/
	deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ xmltex/
(all relevant files are signed with my gpg key).

> Please try it on your installation, and then we shall see where the
> problem might be
> with the other file.

Absolutely no idea, sorry.

SNITTERBY (n.)
Someone who pins snitters (q.v.) on to snitterfields (q.v.) and is
also suspected of being responsible for the extinction of virginstows
(q.v.)