Re: SVN texlive (new) commit: r3026 - in texlive-new/trunk: . all/debian texlive-base/debian texlive-bin/debian

On Son, 12 Aug 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> Since we want to resurrect conffiles from files in /usr/share/, either
> we ignore the case of install from "rc", or we repeat it in postinst
> (possibly only in this case).

So be it, I guess we add the code to the preinst AND the postinst. If
the preinst succeeded, then the postinst will not run (because it tests
the file existence). If it is from rc or purged the postinstall will
succeed.

Probably tomorrow morning I can resurrect the code in the various
postinst.pre code files (btw, it MUST be in the postinst.pre code, not
AFAIR in the postinst.post code, because OW we will get the fmtutil
calls before the resurrection).

If you happen to find time to do these bits today ... I just returned
and have loads of stuff to clean up before leaving in 3 days.

SCETHROG (n.)
One of those peculiar beards-without-moustaches worn by religious
Belgians and American scientists which help them look like trolls.