Re: [VAC] Sun 29.7. to ?, [semi-VAC] now to September/October

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> I think that we should set texlive-* into "Feel free to NMU" mode until
> Norbert or I are back again.  Of course, try to contact the experienced
> people on list first if possible.  I'll give some details of what I plan
> to do and ignore in a separate mail which only goes to the TeX list.

I won't try to respond to any non-RC bugreports.  I'll maybe try to
answer to people who suggest an NMU for non-RC bugs.

I will definitely ignore RC bugs which are likely just duplicates of the
"tetex-base removed my conffiles" thing.  However, I think there might
still something to be done, and that's because of the problem that the
postinst of texlive-base (bringing back modes.mf) will never be run if
texlive-base-bin's postinst fails due to the missing modes.mf.  I
propose to move the code to the preinst scripts.

Frank Küster