Re: Duplicate entries in language.dat

Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
>> > why are there duplicate entries for certain languages (german, ngerman
>> > and ukenglish in my case) in
>> > /var/lib/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat and in the
>> > corresponding files in /etc/texmf/language.d?
>>
>> I tried to work through the generation of these files in texlive, but I
>> didn't grok the inner workings of our Perl scripts.  Norbert, can you
>> help us?
>
> I take a look. This is indeed strange! It must have been introduced with
> the switch to dh_installtex. I will investigate it.

Just an additional datapoint that might be helpfull: On my system only the
'simple' files in /e/t/language.d are affected. Here simple means only
language definitions and no special things like aliases (like for greek
and usenglish) or additional comments (like for usenglish and languages
using cyrillic script).

cheerio
ralf