Re: SuSE and TeX Live packages

Hi Norbert and all,

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 18:57:17 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:

> I just found out that SuSE 10.3 will have TeX Live, too (one big
> package). It might be interesting to take a look at the patches they
> included, there are not too many. Some patches are probably taken from
> us (afais the libpoppler eg), but some seem to be independent.
>
> If you have some time, do the following

For those who don't have enough time I prepare
http://www1.pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp/~kohda/tex/texlive/SOURCES/
where you can find every files of SOURCES from texlive-2007-40.src.rpm
(except sources.tar.bz2 and texmfsrc.tar.bz2 which are original
source trees, perhaps)

Recently I run openSUSE 10.2, Ubuntu etc. on VirtualBox and
I got the above SOURCES in openSUSE.  As far as I tested
it was not one big package but it generated several
packages, texlive-devel texlive-cjk texlive-metapost texlive-context
texlive-omega texlive-xetex texlive-dvilj texlive-latex
texlive-nfs (but it did't generate texlive-bin-latex etc.
which should contain executables, though I could be wrong).

At present, I can't practically help texlive packages because
I have't enough knowledge on texlive packaging yet, sorry.

Regards,			     2007-6-21(Thu)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima