Re: Current status ???

> Hi all!
>
> I just came back from the US (and I am happy to have left this strange
> country), can someone give me a short update where we are at the moment?

- I'm working on refining debianize-updmap and debianize-fmtutil, as
  well as update-fontlang and texconfig, and I think I'll be able to
  upload tex-common and texlive-bin with that soon.

- texlive-base should be uploaded soon because of #427859

- texlive-lang-arab has a RC upstream bug, upstream is responsive

I think I'll be able to handle that well.

> Do I have to do something? Or is everything under control and I can
> continue with upstream TeX Live stuff?

I'd be thankful if you could comment on the "release goals" question,
and on two other things:

1. What do you think about csplain?  It's still undistributable, the
   author has promised me to release the next version by September 06
   (and to KB to do it a couple of months earlier), and this promise was
   the basis for the etch-ignore tag.

   Karl wrote to me about this on May 30th:

   ,----
   | I wrote Petr again about it.  We seem to be on good terms.  I'll let you
   | know if anything comes of it.
   `----

   I don't think this piece of software is worth much more effort by
   us.  I suggest that we remove it with one of the next uploads and
   tell Petr about it.  That might put some pressure on him (or not, I'm
   not sure he is actually happy with the package being distributed on
   CTAN and in distros).  We can alwasy re-add it.

2. Could you have a look at #425520?  Your last message to it contained

   ,----
   | Ok, I disabled the texlive-base.{preinst,postinst,prerm}.pre files in
   | svn so the next packages will do nothing. This can be catered for in the
   | next upload.
   `----

   I'd like to know whether what is in these files is tested, and if you
   have an idea what is missing to fully fix the bug.  I'll do the
   coding then.

Frank Küster