Re: Problem found, solution missing

Hi Frank!

(Going back to normal Cc etc, internet connection is now working here,
at least on windows)

On Mit, 13 Jun 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Before this pdftexconfig.tex and modes.mf were simply "move", ie where
> > NOT treated as conffile TO BE TRANSFERRED from previous versions (they
> > are conffiles!), because they haven't been conffiles in tl2005, nor
> > tetex.
>
> I see.  The names in our infrastructure scripts mislead me:  I thought
> that something was happening and should happen to each conffile, but in
> fact it's only about those that are moved.

You are right, the names were not really the best option ..., nor is the
respective documentation, sorry.

> > So the real solution would be to change the directive for modes.mf and
> > pdftexconfig.tex to something which does NOT create a
> > 	handle_config_file_*
> > call. These calls are only for files which have to be transferred.
>
> Exactly, that's the way to go.

Do you implement this? I can currently not commit anything since on
linux I can get the wlan to work (ahhh how I hate it) and for internet I
have to use the installed windows.

BTW, concerning the tex-common upload. Let's hope that the
fmtutil/dh_installtex change really works well, I didn't do many tests.
We will see. Although I am drunken I see a small problem now that I
think about it ... it is again the jadetex ... I am not sure what will
happen with this, since now the postinstall of jadetex (after the
rebuild with tex-common 1.7) calls
	fmtutil-sys --conffile /etc/texmf/fmt.d/40jadetex.cnf --all
I guess this should be all right, but we might check. Unfortunately I
have no way without an internet connection under windows.

What the hell, he thought, you're only young once, and
threw himself out of the window. That would at least keep
the element of surprise on his side.
                 --- Ford outwitting a Vogon with a rocket launcher by going
                 --- into another certain death situation.