Re: libpoppler patch in TeXLive in Ubuntu (was: TeXLive 2007 & ConTeXt on etch?)

> Now that is surprising.  It was Martin Pitt who originally wrote the
> libpoppler patch for Ubuntu, we have adopted it and meanwhile also SuSE
> does something similar.  Why was it dropped for Ubuntu?

It's just been restored.  The latest changelog entry for
<http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/tex/texlive-base-bin> is:

  texlive-bin (2007-7ubuntu1) gutsy; urgency=low

    * Sync with Debian, remaining Ubuntu changes:
      + debian/control:
	- Update Maintainer field.
      + debian/patches/30_libpoppler:
	- Update to the poppler 0.5 API.
      + debian/libkpathsea4.install,
	debian/libkpathsea-dev.install,
	debian/rules,
	debian/control:
	- Build libkpathsea from this package instead of tetex.

   [Sebastian Dr:oge <slomo@debian.org>  Wed, 09 May 2007 17:58:32 +0200]

I think the poppler 0.5 API is libpoppler1 in Ubuntu.

-Sanjoy