Re: New upload of cjk

Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) <danai.sae-han@edpnet.be> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> This is an urgent version of "cjk", which fixes two FTBFS bugs.
> Could you please upload it to unstable?

I can, but I have some remarks which I'd like to see fixed.  Either
before uploading, or in a new upload soon.

- debian/changelog: one of the three "switch from cvs to git" entries is
  too much

- debian/control: depending on tetex-base doesn't make sense, never
  makes sense, and tetex-base will dropped after lenny.

  On the other hand, texlive-latex-base depends on texlive-base-bin.  I
  think we need to decide on a sane policy for this on the texlive list
  (Is depending on texlive-latex-base sufficient to guarantee that
  mktexlsr, updmap, fmtutil etc. are available), but for the release
  cycle of lenny you can rely on tl-latex-base providing what you need.

  This would simplify the Depends to texlive-latex-base | tetex-bin (>= 3.0)

- old/latex-cjk-common.postinst is mostly empty now, but it

- TODO: the remarks regarding TL 2007 seem to be done.

Long term:

- there are direct changes to files in texinputs/ and inputs/ in the
  diff.gz, although most changes are in debian/patches.  I really think
  this should be unified.

> latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab and latex-cjk-chinese-arphic will be
> uploaded in the next two days.

I don't know whether I'll have one day CPU time left, but I'll do my
best...