Re: shell gurus needed ...

> Well, if there are many lines like this I guess it is better to have
>
> Building format(s) --cnffile ... --all.
> 	This may take some time...done
> Building format(s) --foobar.
> 	This may take some time...done
>
> Structuring.

OK, as you wish.

>> (not mentioning that tabs are evil...)
>
> BTW, why?

In general, because their width is not specified (some people have tabs
every eighth column, for other people it is 4 columns, etc.). Another
reason, which doesn't apply here, is that when I edit a configuration
file that contains tabs, if I insert chars at one point in a line and
there is a tab later in the line, then some part of the line (after at
least one tab) will remain in place until an invisible tab is compressed
to 0 columns, at which point it will suddenly move by eight columns (or
four, or whatever), then again remain unaffected by insertions, until
again a tab is compressed to 0 columns, etc. This is aggravated by the
fact that tabs are usually indistinguishable from spaces, so you never
know when the rest of the line will start moving crazy.

--
Florent