Re: Issues with and after upgrade to texlive

(Yes, please CC me. I'm not subscribed to the d-tex-maint list.)

On Saturday 21 April 2007 10:02, Florent Rougon wrote:
> This is presumably because $HOME/.texmf-var/ is not writable.
> /tmp/texfonts is a failover for this case, that is used on buildds, but
> it is not used on "normal" installations.

But how can it be not writable? My $HOME exists, I'm running the builds as
myself, and with the Etch installation the programs had no problem at all
writing the font data there!

Again, nothing has changed! All I've done is upgrade from tetex to texlive
and suddenly _nothing_ works as it should anymore (OK, I'm exaggerating).
This is so extremely frustrating!