Re: The Russian issue (was: Issues with and after upgrade to texlive)

http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i_manual/ru.pdf_etch.dvips.log

> > I also tried dvipdfm for the Russian PDF, and that resulted in:
>
> Well, this is nice, isn't it. Can you send me the log of this run, too!

Not sure if this is very useful for comparison, although it does show its
own issues (the endless errors: unknown PS operator: "SDict").
http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i_manual/ru.pdf_sid.dvipdfm.log

> Thanks a lot, I am sure we will find the solution.

I sincerely hope so. And again, thank you for the time and effort you're
putting into this.

> One idea: Do you have ~/.texmf-config ? And which files are there?

Nope. My configuration is completely default. I've never modified anything
(partly to ensure that autobuilding would not lead to different results).

Cheers,
FJP