Re: Issues with and after upgrade to texlive

On Monday 16 April 2007 02:20, Frans Pop wrote:
> Below first some thoughts on the switch to texlive in general and next
> a problem I'm now seeing with the installation guide.

One more question.

It seems that .tfm files are now only generated in /tmp, which means that
they are lost whenever a system is rebooted and have to be regenerated.
For me this effectively means they will be regenerated every time I do a
daily build of the installation guide as the box I do that on is switched
off at night.
With Etch, these files would only be generated once and preserved.

What I end up with is these directories in /tmp:
/tmp/texfonts/tfm/lh/lh-t2a
/tmp/texfonts/source/lh/lh-t2a
/tmp/texfonts/pk/ljfour/lh/lh-t2a

Is this change intentional?
Can the location of these generated files be configured somehow?

Cheers,
FJP