Re: cm-super-minimal (was: The Russian issue)

Hi Ralf!

(Thanks for your comments!)

On Fre, 20 Apr 2007, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> The minimal set would be sf*1000.pfb, since these are the fonts used via
> type1ec.sty with option 10pt. However, this looks good, too:

Ok. But to be sure ...

So we would have:

Big families, all these fonts are available in X, all go into minimal
sfbi1000.pfb
sfbl1000.pfb
sfbm1000.pfb
sfbx1000.pfb
sfcc1000.pfb
sfci1000.pfb
sfdh1000.pfb
sffb1000.pfb
sfff1000.pfb
sffi1000.pfb
sffs1000.pfb
sfit1000.pfb
sfoc1000.pfb
sfrb1000.pfb
sfrm1000.pfb
sfsc1000.pfb
sfsi1000.pfb
sfsl1000.pfb
sfso1000.pfb
sfss1000.pfb
sfst1000.pfb
sfsx1000.pfb
sftc1000.pfb
sfti1000.pfb
sftt1000.pfb
sfui1000.pfb
sfvi1000.pfb
sfvt1000.pfb
sfxc1000.pfb

CM Bright familiy, available to X, and go into minimal
sfbmo10.pfb
sfbmr10.pfb
sfbso10.pfb
sfbsr10.pfb
sfbtl10.pfb
sfbto10.pfb
sfbbx10.pfb

Other fonts I don't know whether I should put them into minimal, or not.
The good thing if we put them into -minimal, too is that we don't have
to split the X configuration, so cm-super-x11 could depend on
cm-super-minimal!
sfocc10.pfb		Concrete Caps and Small Caps
	for X
sform10.pfb		Concrete Roman
	for X
sfosl10.pfb		Concrete Slanted
	for X
sfoti10.pfb		Concrete Italic
	for X
sfssdc10.pfb		Computer Modern Sans Serif Demi Condensed
	for X

The following are all NOT available for X, and will stay in cm-super
(the full one):
sflq8:     Computer Modern SliTeX Sans Serif Quotation
sfli8:     Computer Modern SliTeX Sans Serif Quotation Inclined
sflb8:     Computer Modern SliTeX Sans Serif Quotation Bold
sflo8:     Computer Modern SliTeX Sans Serif Quotation Bold Oblique
sfltt8:    Computer Modern LaTeX Typewriter
isflq8:    Computer Modern SliTeX Sans Serif Quotation Invisible
isfli8:    Computer Modern SliTeX Sans Serif Quotation Inclined Invisible
isflb8:    Computer Modern SliTeX Sans Serif Quotation Bold Invisible
isflo8:    Computer Modern SliTeX Sans Serif Quotation Bold Oblique Invisible
isfltt8:   Computer Modern LaTeX Typewriter Invisible
sfsq8:     Computer Modern Sans Serif Quotation
sfqi8:     Computer Modern Sans Serif Quotation Inclined

Is this waht you suggested (besides the 5 fonts above for the -x11 on
-mininmal dep)?

> BTW, this would require splitting the map files. Also it would be good to
> document the usage of type1ec.sty in README.Debian.

Yes of course.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
MAPLEDURHAM (n.)
A hideous piece of chipboard veneer furniture bought in a suburban
high street furniture store and designed to hold exactly a year's
supply of Sunday colour supplements.