Re: Issues with and after upgrade to texlive

Hi Frans, hi Frank,

On Don, 19 Apr 2007, Frans Pop wrote:
> $ less /etc/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps
> /etc/texmf/dvips/config/config.ps: No such file or directory
>
> $ ls /etc/texmf/dvips/config/
> alt-rule.pro        config.epson        config.qms          epson.cfg
> canonex.cfg         config.ibmvga       config.toshiba      ibmvga.cfg
> config.bakoma       config.ljfour       config.unms         ljfour.cfg
> config.canonex      config.luc          config.xyp          qms.cfg
> config.cms          config.mbn          cx.cfg              toshiba.cfg
> config.cx           config.mga          deskjet.cfg
> config.deskjet      config.mirrorprint  dfaxhigh.cfg
> config.dvired       config.ot2          dvired.cfg

Ok this is surprising, VERY surprising.

I first thought that this is a bug in the texlive packages, but then the
other config files shouldn't be there, too!!!

> $ ls /etc/texmf/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex
> ls: /etc/texmf/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex: No such file or
> directory

And this makes it even more strange, because our config file shifting
did never touch this file, since it was NO config file in texlive 2005.

So it should have been installed with all the other (new) config files
as usual.

Who/What could have removed these two files?

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
GODALMING (n.)
Wonderful rush of relief on discovering that the ely (q.v.) and the
wembley (q.v.) were in fact false alarms.