Re: The Russian issue (was: Issues with and after upgrade to texlive)

HI Frans,

On Don, 19 Apr 2007, Frans Pop wrote:
> Yes, installing that package does help and even makes the PDF looks better
> as the Russian fonts look "cleaner" (at least to my non-Russian eye).

Yes this is due to the outline fonts.

> Indeed, because I also don't have cm-super installed on my Etch system, so
> there still is an unexplained change in behavior.

Maybe tetex ships the necssary fonts? Frank?

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
MAVIS ENDERBY (n.)
The almost-completely-forgotten girlfriend from your distant past for
whom your wife has a completely irrational jealousy and hatred.