Re: The Russian issue (was: Issues with and after upgrade to texlive)

Hi Ralf, hi Frans!

On Don, 19 Apr 2007, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> Indeed, resolution 8000 is extremly large. This is a direct consequence of
> using dvips-option -Ppdf together with a document that uses
> pk/bitmap/pixel fonts. THe best solution would be to use Type1 fonts,
> which in this case I think are provided by the cm-super package. Does
> installing that package help?

Good question, Frans?

> This does not explain, why these problems only happened after the texlive
> update. AFAIK config.pdf, which is read when -Ppdf is used) has not
> changed resently. But maybe there was a modified version before?

Maybe cm-super was not installed, it is only recommended ...

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
RAMSGATE (n.)
All institutional buildings must, by law, contain at least twenty
ramsgates. These are doors which open the opposite way to the one you
expect.