Re: RC bugs of packages that Depend on tetex-base

Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> I already fixed a package but it is in experimental yet.
> It was very near releasing etch when I adopted the package
> so I didn't upload the fixed package in unstable.
>
> Further, the upstream says that 1.0.6 (vesion of unstable package)
> should be packaged but not 1.0.6.9 (version of experimental package),
> i.e. version with three (or two) digits is good for packaging but
> version with four digits is not good for packaging so I'm just
> wondering how to do.  Anyway I can upload the fixed TeXmacs at any
> time.  Thanks for your notification.

If you think the texmacs in experimental isn't fit for unstable, then I
suggest that you upload 1:1.0.6-12 to unstable, with the only change
being that it does not depend on tetex-base, and apply the "real" patch
to the experimental version.

This will make it installable in unstable, while you can continue
playing with 1.0.6.9 in experimental.  Will it soon become 1.0.7?