Re: The move from teTeX to TeXLive is NOW

Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

> Ack. But this is messy task which I do not think I have time to do
> everything.

I'll keep an eye on it.  Which document would you suggest for testing -
debian-reference?

> I am inclined to upload new package with simple Dep. change
> but it may violate new testing policy.  Maybe I should do experimental.

I'm not aware of any restrictions for uploads to unstable at the moment,
except "be sensible, please coordinate transitions".  But this is not a
library transition.

> At the same time, I am looking for competent and eager maintainer for
> debiandoc-sgml.  I am not asking much since I am asking someone with a
> bit better technical skill than me.  My maintanance of this was mostly
> by my social skill.

Which is important indeed.

> UTF-8 compatibility design impilimitation while maintaining old behavior
> is big TODO.  I have accepted some UTF-8 data which I regret.

I cannot offer to work on debiandoc-sgml's UTF migration, but I think
that in general the debian-tex-maint list, including me, will help
debugging problems.