Re: [Frank Küster] teTeX is gone, beware of build-dependencies

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

>> The transitional packages [...] were *not* designed to minimize
>> breakage for packages which build-depend on teTeX: Be therefore
>> prepared to experience some breakage.
>
> You're telling people teTeX will vanish and stuff will break, all this
> with no justification. I think you should add near the top of the mail
> that teTeX is abandoned upstream, which justifies the switch to TeX
> Live.

What about this as the second paragraph:

teTeX has been abandoned upstream.  TeX Live, which uses most of the
scripts developed for teTeX, is its successor in Debian (and elsewhere),
and we do not plan to support both systems beyond the lifetime of etch.