Re: How to add files that upstream does not install?

>> > We don't need it for libkpathsea, only for the tpms.
>>
>> But only to save us from passing an ugly
>>
>>  echo $(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU)-$(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH_OS)
>
> No. Also because the tpms list the files in bin/$specialarch/... so we
> *have* to move them there! Or we have to make extra code for *all*
> binaries in tpm2deb-bin.pl.

Ah, I see.

>> about uploading?  If we upload to unstable without building a kpathsea
>> package, we get our packages to be used and tested sooner.  On the other
>> hand, if any urgent bugs show up, we cannot solve them by uploading
>> texlive-bin when it has already a version in NEW - this means that we
>> will always stall our development by including libkpathsea.  So why not
>> do it now?
>
> Hmm, I would say upload to unstable now. I am running 2007 since quite
> some time without any big problems. And some(?) others, too.

I run it since a week, and I didn't have any problems (except one quite
annoying one, but that was related to a change in layout in koma-script
and has nothing to do with Debian packaging).

> So I guess
> that an upload to unstable NOW would not create *emergency* problems.

Probably not (or rather, the problems would be solved by uploading other
packages, namely those that build-depend on tetex and fail with the new
dummy packages).

> Furthermore, we *COULD* do the following (I believe!):
> - upload 2007-2 to unstable
> - upload 2007-3~exp1 with libkpathsea to experimental
>
> In case there are problems with -2, we upload -3 without libkpathsea to
> unstable.
>
> A soon as 3~exp1 is through NEW we upload 3 to unstable.
>
> Comments?

Yes, that's a good idea.  One thing more should be done:  I think d-d-a
should get a mail, it's quite an important change, although behind the
scenes.