EuroBachoTeX 2007

Hi all!

I am going to the EuroBachoTeX this year, for a short time but I go
(arrival friday, leaving monday morning). Since Jim from CTAN asked me
to present his talk, I will also give a talk about TeX (Live) on Debian.
Here is the abstract, if you have any suggestions, ideas, material let
me know, soon!!!

TeX (Live) on Debian
====================
Debian/Etch will (soon) be release with TeX Live 2005 and teTeX in
parallel, but the future of TeX in Debian currently lies in TeX Live as
Thomas Esser stopped developing teTeX.

While we tried to keep as much of the structure and experience of TeX
Live in the Debian packages, some adjustments had (and have) to be made
to adapt TeX Live to the packaging standards in Debian.

These adaptions concern mainly the placement of configuration files,
like those for installed fonts, the used formats, and hyphenation
patterns.

We will discuss several typical usage scenarios like:
- customizing search pathes
- installation of and updated style file
- installation of a new font package
These scenarios will be discussed from two possible perspectives:
- from the system administrator's perspective, ie system wide for
  all users
- from the users perspective, ie. per-user adaptions

We will conclude with a preview on TeX Live 2007 on Debian and further
developments regarding TeX on Debian.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
SWANIBOST (adj.)
Complete shagged out after a hard day having income tax explained to
you.