Re: [tex-live] Debian TeX -- new packages

Hi,

Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> The Debian TeX Maintainer Team has uploaded the first set of packages of
> TeX Live 2007 to Debian/experimental, and at the same time they are
> available from the www.tug.org server.
>
> We ask people using Debian to try these packages out, they survived all
> my tests and quite a lot of documents I tried out, but YMMV.

I was using 2005 TeXLive version but I decided to try the new version. It is great that these packages were updated.

I (we) have observed a following oddity (though I might just be tired)

Take these document (unpack and make them)

http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/~kosik/tmp/weird.tar.gz

When you make them on 2005 TeXLive (which is inside Debian) you will receive expected result.

However, when you do the same with TeXLive 2007 (that is part of your repository), the PDF files will have changed size. The size of the document will not be 8.26 x 11.69 in (i.e. A4) but 8x50 x 11.00 in (i.e. Letter).

Did I (we) do something wrong on our side or the behavior so that `dvipdf' and `ps2pdf' programs produce unexpected results?

> After Etch is released these (or follow-up packages will go into
> Debian/unstable and later testing).
>
> Ok, here are the directions, ie /etc/apt/sources stanzas
>
> For TeX Live:
> 	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ tl2007/
> 	deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ tl2007/
>
> Some stuff has been factored out of TeX Live as it is already present in
> the Debian archive, here are further stanzas which might help:
>
> For lmodern 1.01:
> 	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ lmodern/
> 	deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ lmodern/
>
> For latest ConTeXt (ATM 2007.03.19-1):
> 	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ context/
> 	deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ context/
>
> For luatex snapshots:
> 	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ luatex/
> 	deb-src http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ luatex/
>
> All these packages are uploaded to experimental, but some packages have
> to go through the new queue, as they contain new binary packages
> (texlive-xetex, -humanities, -science).
>
> Best wishes
>
> Norbert

> Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
> Debian Developer <preining@debian.org>                         Debian TeX Group
> gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094      fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76  A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
> GALLIPOLI (adj.)
> Of the behaviour of a bottom lip trying to spit mouthwash after an
> injection at the dentist. Hence, loose, floppy, useless. 'She went
> suddenly Gallipoli in his arms' - Noel Coward.
> 			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

Regards
--
Matej Kosik