Re: Back from the mountains

> Hi all!
>
> Just a short info that I returned from 2 weeks in the Swiss mountains.
> Great time, hard work.

Und unverschämt braungebrannt siehst du aus.

> Can someone sum up for me what I should do/take a look at in the next
> week? I will be online till friday, and from saturday on I am guiding
> one week again in the Swiss alps.

- I have implemented the conffile renaming completely, including taking
  over changes, removals, and catering for possible failures in
  unpacking (postrm abort code).

- I have uploaded tex-common_1.2, because texlive needs a fix I made to
  dh_installtex (a fix to a bug/thinko which is also present in etch,
  but irrelevant there, since it's triggered only by Basic TeX packages
  upon removal).

- I have messed around in tpm2deb-bin.pl, but as of today (Rev: 2589) it
  works again nicely, and is easier to read.

  And it builds texlive-bin and texlive-base without problems[1].

I think we should upload the current state as 2007-1, both to tug.org
and to experimental (where it will relax in NEW for a while...).  Since
you are the only one with write access on tug.org, that's the most
important thing you should do next week.

As for the rest, I don't think there are any showstoppers that you
urgently need to handle.  I'd appreciate if you'd take the time to read
my two mails on "idempotency and modularity of tpm2deb-bin.pl", and
maybe "tpm2deb-bin.pl: minor Perl issues" which I have in my draft
folder and will send in a minute.

Regards[2], Frank[3]

[1] debdiff gave *one* issue:

texlive-metapost_2007-1~6_i386.deb
[The following lists of changes regard files as different if they have
different names, permissions or owners.]

Files in first .deb but not in second
-rw-r--r--  root/root   /usr/share/doc/texlive-metapost/metapost/textpath/CHANGES
lrwxrwxrwx  root/root   /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/metapost/textpath/CHANGES -> ../../../texlive-metapost/metapost/textpath/CHANGES

We should investigate this, but after the upload

[2] und Grüße an Gitti
[3] still without a job offer, but with two new interesting interviews