Re: littex package

Hi Norbert,

Tr, 2007 02 28 03:40 +0100, Norbert Preining rašė:

> I once uploaded the littex package for you. Now I have a question:
> lmodern 1.010 has been released and already includes support for the l7x
> encoding. More important, the file names of the fonts have changed.
>
> I would like to ask you whether you could help me in checking the
> cooperation of littex with new lmodern:
> - install lmodern 1.01-1 from
> 	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ lmodern/
> - comment the line
> 	Map l7x-lm.map
>   in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/10littex.cfg
> - call as root
> 	update-updmap
> 	updmap-sys
> - test some of your test files using the lmodern fonts

> After this please tell me whether this works. If yes I guess we should
> coordinate an upload of both packages to experimental. lmodenr will go
> definitely into experimental since we don't want to see it in etch.

I am very busy at the moment and have a little lost touch with the TeX
problems. I only tried the 'pdflatex' for some tests and got the
warnings:

Warning: pdflatex
(file /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmr10.pfb): char
acter 147 is mapped to .notdef

Warning: pdflatex
(file /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/public/lm/lmr10.pfb): char
acter 151 is mapped to .notdef

The all Lithuanian letters are OK, but the problems is with Lithuanian
quatation marks („“) and dash (-). In the .pdf are the empty spaces
where these symbols must be. The "hyphen" symbol is OK.

I will try to find the time and to do the more serious tests and
to investigate this problem. Maybe you can to advise what the tests
I need to do?

> BTW, on the littex website I found a release form 2006.09.28 while you
> ship 2006.09.22, no idea what's the difference.

Nothing much - fixed some details in the headers of the lithuanian.ldf
and lithuanian.sty files.

Thank you very much.

--
Kęstutis Biliūnas <kebil@kaunas.init.lt>