Re: SVN texlive (new) commit: r2484 - in texlive-new/trunk: all/debian texlive-base/debian texlive-bin/debian texlive-extra/debian texlive-lang/debian

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> Hm, the documentation could be made better: I do not understand it.
>
> ,----
> | format:build_all creates all defined formats in the postinst file,
> | recreates all defined formats in the postrm file, and in addition
> | cleans the generated files in the postrm files.
> `----
>
> Why does it recreate the formats in postrm?  Is this for language
> packages which removed a hyphenation pattern?

I don't know, but it doesn't hurt. It will be used only in texlive-base
and texlive-base-bin and as files from these are included it is a good
idea to call fmtutil-sys --all also in the postrm, it might do nothing
in most cases ...

> ,----
> | format:add_one:formatname allows to add the generation of a specific
> | format without actually providing it (in a cnf file).
> `----
>
> So that is for language packages, too?

In fact it is useless! Recall the
	extra;format;foo;bar
in the config file, it was about adding special format creation calls to
other packages. I found that this is now completely useless, but only
after I added the feature to dh_installtes ...

(Better Internet connection, now that my wlan under linux also works)

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
YEPPOON (n.)
One of the hat-hanging corks which Australians wear for making Qantas
commercials.