Re: SVN texlive (new) commit: r2480 - texlive-new/trunk/texlive-bin/debian/patches

> Hi Frank!
>
> On Sam, 17 Feb 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
>> add --with(out)-install-extra switch to configure, which allows to
>> skip the execution of updmap-sys, fmtutil-sys,mktexlsr,texlinks etc.
>
> But SOME links are indeed created with texlinks, so how do we do this?
> Do we add a manual texlinks --cnf ... call? I think that would be the
> bes solution.

As a long-term solution, I had a different idea.  I think also texlive
should use dh_installtex as much as possible.  I was about to write the
POD part of a new dh_installtex option to create the symlinks according
to the information in the format configuration file.  Then I remembered
that dh_installtex isn't used (at least not for font stuff, but I guess
for formats neither?), and stopped (also because dinner was ready, and a
good wine opened...).

As a short-term solution, we can as well use dh_link as texlinks --cnf.
I'm not sure what's actually easier.