Re: texlive support in therion

Hi all!

I agree with Frank that texlive-base would have helped you. Could it be
that you meant texlive-latex-base (which needs tl-pdfetex)?

Anyway, putting texlive-pdfetex into the build-deps should work, and as
Frank mentioned, for the experimental packages it will be back at
texlive-base-bin.

On Fre, 16 Feb 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> > mktexfmt: format pdftex' not available.
> > I can't find the format file pdftex.fmt'!
> >
> > Currently the build-deps are:
> > Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 5.0.0), dbs, perl (>= 5.5),
> > docbook-to-man, texlive-base-bin | tetex-bin, tcl8.4 | tclsh,
> > libvtk5-dev, libwxgtk2.6-dev, libfreetype6-dev
> >
> > Some experimentation determined that installing either texlive-pdfetex
> > or texlive-base instead of texlive-base-bin, fixed the problem. As
> > texlive-pdfetex is smaller I have gone with that for the build dep I
> > am just about to upload. So this email just by way of info and
> > completeness, unless anyone thinks that there is a reason to use
> > texlive-base instead?
>
> I don't think that changing from texlive-base-bin to texlive-base will
> fix your problem.  pdftex.fmt is only provided with texlive-pdfetex[1],
> not texlive-base.  I'm puzzled that the change you described makes a
> difference, all you get in addition to texlive-base-bin is
> texlive-doc-base.
>
> Have you checked the logs - maybe the build is successful even if
> generating the docs failed?
>
> Regards, Frank
>

> [1] at least in etch and sid, the soon-to-be-in-experimental packages of
> texlive 2007 will have it in, I think, texlive-base-bin

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
THRUMSTRER (n.)
The irritating man next to you in a concert who thinks he's (a) the
conductor, (b) the brass section.