Re: texlive support in therion

Wookey <wookey@aleph1.co.uk> wrote:

> mktexfmt: format pdftex' not available.
> I can't find the format file pdftex.fmt'!
>
> Currently the build-deps are:
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 5.0.0), dbs, perl (>= 5.5),
> docbook-to-man, texlive-base-bin | tetex-bin, tcl8.4 | tclsh,
> libvtk5-dev, libwxgtk2.6-dev, libfreetype6-dev
>
> Some experimentation determined that installing either texlive-pdfetex
> or texlive-base instead of texlive-base-bin, fixed the problem. As
> texlive-pdfetex is smaller I have gone with that for the build dep I
> am just about to upload. So this email just by way of info and
> completeness, unless anyone thinks that there is a reason to use
> texlive-base instead?

I don't think that changing from texlive-base-bin to texlive-base will
fix your problem.  pdftex.fmt is only provided with texlive-pdfetex[1],
not texlive-base.  I'm puzzled that the change you described makes a
difference, all you get in addition to texlive-base-bin is
texlive-doc-base.

Have you checked the logs - maybe the build is successful even if
generating the docs failed?

Regards, Frank

[1] at least in etch and sid, the soon-to-be-in-experimental packages of
texlive 2007 will have it in, I think, texlive-base-bin