Re: Next test packages for TL2007

> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
>> the upgrade doesn't break in "normal" cases (I already tried
>> tetex->texlive with older packages, and I think we also have tested
>> texlive-full->texlive-full), we can just upload to experimental.  Some
>> amount of breakage is expected there.
>
> The most important point which we didn't actually decide till now (only
> chatted on irc) is what to do with the configuration files. This is
> something I want to do *before* uploading to experimental?!?!?!?!

Yes, you are right.

> Frank, the list of config files we should put into /etc/texmf do you
> still have it hanging around? Can you post it?

>From http://pkg-tetex.alioth.debian.org/TeX-configuration-on-Debian.pdf

TEXMF/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex
TEXMF/web2c/mktex.cnf
TEXMF/dvipdfm/config/config
TEXMF/dvips/config/config.ps
TEXMF/xdvi/XDvi
TEXMF/web2c/texmf.cnf
TEXMF/dvips//config.<printer>
TEXMF/metafont/misc/modes.mf

plus

latex/pict2e/pict2e.cfg
latex/contour/contour.cfg
texmf/tex/latex/config/color.cfg
texmf/tex/latex/config/graphics.cfg
texmf/tex/latex/config/hyperref.cfg

plus geometry.cfg if we resurrect it,

plus maybe what is currently /etc/texmf/texlive/dvips/*.cfg

(I have no idea how these files are used).