Re: Next test packages for TL2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> the upgrade doesn't break in "normal" cases (I already tried
> tetex->texlive with older packages, and I think we also have tested
> texlive-full->texlive-full), we can just upload to experimental.  Some
> amount of breakage is expected there.

The most important point which we didn't actually decide till now (only
chatted on irc) is what to do with the configuration files. This is
something I want to do *before* uploading to experimental?!?!?!?!

Comments?

Should recap: The idea was to move all the config files which are
currently in /etc/texmf/texlive and are linked into /usr/share/texmf
into TEXMFSYSCONFIG=/etc/texmf/... into the proper locations. At the
same moment try to incorporate AFAP old config files from tetex already
in this place.

Well, there are two points in this:
* define which are the config files, and define them in tpm2deb.cfg with
  the directive eg
	mapping;texmf/tex/generic/language.dat;configfile;/etc/texmf
  which means that a copy of texmf/tex/generic/language.dat is put into
  /etc/texmf/tex/generic/language.dat and the same file remains also
  in texmf-texlive...
  The code in tpm2deb-bin.pl is already there.
* write the preinst code snippets for the merge. It would be perfect if
  we can have one shell function that does this for one file, because
  so we can generate the preinst code from tpm2deb-bin.pl ...

Frank, the list of config files we should put into /etc/texmf do you
still have it hanging around? Can you post it?

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
AHENNY (adj.)
The way people stand when examining other people's bookshelves.