Re: [NTG-context] Problems with fonts

Norbert Preining wrote:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007, Norbert Preining wrote:
Why why why? lmodern in Debian is at version 1.00 and Taco (or Hans)
told me that the math fonts *are* included (and in fact I see them!) in
the 1.00 version, too.

And when I take a look at the lm-hist.txt I *don*t see anything which
could induce this, or am I blind (see below).

And then, please WHY does context not cry out loud something like
character missing or so? I compile the document but the created
documents actually misses characters. But in the log file no warning, no
error, nothing. Is this the intention of ConTeXt, or is this a bug, or a
feature?
missing chars are only reported by pdftex in the log file keep in mind that when tex processes a paragraph, it does not ask for each char to a macro package "am i present?" for tex, a char being defined in a tfm file is enough; only when a pdf is produced, pdftex will report missing bits and pieces (encoding vector, map files, font resources, chars in encoding but not in font, etc) such is tex Hans
                                         Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE