Re: Fwd: [NTG-context] Problems with fonts

Hi Kumar, hi Mojca,

On Son, 04 Feb 2007, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> I guess that Norbert is reading the mailing list, but I'm forwarding

No. I read dev-context but not the ntg-context ml.

> anyway. You need a new version of LM fonts, but it should finally be
> fixed in Debian itself (I thought that it was fixed already.)

Why why why? lmodern in Debian is at version 1.00 and Taco (or Hans)
told me that the math fonts *are* included (and in fact I see them!) in
the 1.00 version, too.

> Formats should also be generated automatically, but I experience
> similar problems on mac.

No. Currently formats are NOT autogenerated in texlive in Debian for
conext, because mktexfmt/fmtutil does NOT support engine specific
subdirs for formats. This will work again with texlive 2007.

On Son, 04 Feb 2007, Kumar Appaiah <akumar@iitm.ac.in> wrote:
> But now, whenever I do texexec <filename>, I get a PDF with many
> mathematical
> symbols missing. So, I do this:
>
> texexec --dvi ee03b091.tex
> dvips ee03b091.dvi
> ps2pdf ee03b091.ps
>
> Now, this seems to work, but the fonts are not rendered as well as they used
> to in Acrobat.
>
> And this also does not give the fonts, but causes the same math trouble
> again:
>
> texexec --dvi ee03b091.tex
> dvips -o ee03b091.ps -Ppdf ee03b091.dvi
> ps2pdf ee03b091.ps
>
> What could be wrong? Is my installation broken? Can I salvage it?

Can you send me the file ee03b091.tex so that I can check it (I won't
publish the contents and won't rob you of any publication ;-)

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
HIGH LIMERIGG (n.)
The topmost tread of a staircase which disappears when you've climbing
the stairs in the darkness.