Re: unable to install texmacs under texlive

Mauricio Calvao <orca@if.ufrj.br> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a (essentially daily updated) Debian etch release in my
> desktop, running with texlive. I tried to install texmacs, but apt-get
> tells me that it would have to remove texlive and install tetex
> instead. Is there a way to circumvent this issue?

- have texmacs fixed (#404349)

- create tetex-base, tetex-extra and tetex-bin packages with equivs

I fear we won't get all those bugs fixed in etch.  Therefore it might
happen that we offer such equivs-generated packages on tug.org in the
future, but it's not done yet.