Re: Draft spec for new dpkg "triggers" feature

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> With the above sequence, 'baz' could be configured while lmodern is not
> registered into updmap.cfg (or the registration information could be
> out-of-date, dating from a previous lmodern version). Consequently, any
> attempt in 'baz' to try to format a document with lmodern would fail,
> until the trigger in tex-common is eventually run.
>
> Do you have an idea how to avoid this problem?
>
> Maybe 'baz' could depend on tex-common in addition to lmodern, since
> tex-common's configured state would vanish as soon as the trigger is
> activated.

Hm, since it's much more likely that updmap-sys fails, I'd rather say
the consumer package is texlive-base-bin, and 'baz' will depend on it,
anyway.

>   [1] Only mostly, because packages 'foo' depends on might be
>       deconfigured, without that affecting the "configured" state of
>       'foo', IIRC.

This is more a problem: I think that if the trigger fails and the
package that runs it is put into state failed-config (or even if it's
put into failed-config for non-trigger reasons), this should affect all
packages that Depend on it.