Re: New Debian packages

[Sorry, this mail was delayed by my exim, resending]

> Hi Florent!
>
> On Die, 23 Jan 2007, Florent Rougon wrote:
>> BTW, I forgot to ask: are the context packages supposed to enter etch?
>> Because on p.d.o., I only see the packages in unstable. So, I suppose
>> it's no.
>
> Well, the were upload the first time after the freeze, so I never asked
> about this.
>
> What do the other think? Would it make sense to ask for inclusion of
> these packages???

I'd be very surprised if they let them in.  There are already two
versions of context in etch, and "there's a cool new upstream version,
while the etch version is outdated" isn't a reason for inclusion even if
there are no packaging changes.  A new separate package is a much larger
change.

> Thiswould indeed make sense ... as the release team wrote: Stuff not
> intended for ethc should be uploaded to experimental. I didn't do this
> for context because etch was already in freeze ..

For context it is okay, since it never was in etch, and nothing relates
to it or will be hindered in etch migration by it.