Re: [dev-context] New Debian packages

Hi Taco!

On Die, 23 Jan 2007, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Yes, just like the change to pdftex 1.40 in 2007.01.12 was absolute.

I don't agree. I could process several medium complicated test cases I
have collected over the time with pdfetex 1.30.5 from TL2005 (debian
packages) with my context packages for 2007.01.12.

The only point was that is was necessary to add the pdfetex -> pdftex
symlink, otherwise everything worked without problem.

So I *don't see that this was an *absolute* move.

> This is at least in part why TL will run 2007.01.12, and I will no
> update it any more, as well as why we have a fullblown repository
> of old releases.

But doesn't TL2007 *inlcude* the lm-math fonts???? Please reconsider
this!

> >If yes, then sorry for the Debian using guys, but you have to wait until
> >we have the new lmodern in Debian.
>
> The latin modern math fonts have been on ctan for some time now
> (they were already in the previous release), but I doubt many
> people have then installed just yet. The again, if ConTeXt didn't
> require them, fewer people *would* install them. ;-)
>
> Looks like the debian users will have to wait out for a bit.

We are discussing this with Florent ...

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
BOOTHBY GRAFFOE
1. The man in the pub who slaps people on the back as if they were old
   friends, when in fact he has no friends, largely on account of this
   habit. 2. Any story told by Robert Morley on chat shows.