Re: [dev-context] New Debian packages

Norbert Preining wrote:
Hi all! Hi Florent!

I have uploaded new context packages 2007.01.23-1 BUT ONLY TO THE
tug.org server!! Not to Debian till now.

I don't know whether Florent is planning to do an upload of lmodern with
the new math fonts included (Florent?).

So to be more specific: Is this an *absolute* dependency, ie setting
math in context now *only* works with the lmodern math fonts installed?

Yes, just like the change to pdftex 1.40 in 2007.01.12 was absolute.

This is at least in part why TL will run 2007.01.12, and I will no
update it any more, as well as why we have a fullblown repository
of old releases.

Context is very often at the very edge of developments. That is
one reason why we have ctxtools --update and ConTexT has its
own distribution and release system.

If yes, then sorry for the Debian using guys, but you have to wait until
we have the new lmodern in Debian.

The latin modern math fonts have been on ctan for some time now
(they were already in the previous release), but I doubt many
people have then installed just yet. The again, if ConTeXt didn't
require them, fewer people *would* install them. ;-)

Looks like the debian users will have to wait out for a bit.

Best, Taco