Re: texlive-bin and source.tar.bz2

On Die, 23 Jan 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> He must do a bit more - at least the directoy names are different (TeX
> vs. source), and there's a toplevel "configure" script in the tarball
> that unpacks into the current directory, while this script is missing
> from TeXLive/Build/.

??? I don't understand:

$ cd /data/TeX/texlive-svn/Build/source
$ ls
Build*     configure*    Makefile.in  reautoconf*   texk/       win32.mak
ChangeLog  configure.in  mswin32/     selfautofix*  texlive.ac  withenable.ac
config/    libs/         README       tetex.ac      utils/
$

What are you missing?

> I have prepared a tarball from the source directory (which doesn't
> unpack into source/, but TeX) and was able to update the patches with
> that.  But it won't build, of course, since it's missing the configure
> script.

Are you sure you have the *CORRECT* source??? TeX was a directory name
LAST year!

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
LUPPITT (n.)
The piece of leather which hangs off the bottom of your shoe before
you can be bothered to get it mended.