Re: TeXLive: dpatch vs. quilt

Hi Frank!

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> what are/were you reasons for using dpatch, not quilt?  I think that

The reasons were that we it was not really possible to use all the quilt
stuff (push pop testing) since we don't have the files online in the
repository, so changes were always done in the top level.

(Hmm, sounds quite unclear)

Ok I think we can switch to quilt (or better, you will do the switch ;-).
The working action would be:
- build source package
- unpack the source package
- change into the source package
- make changes to the quilt patches using quilt
- copy the changed patches to texlive-new/$Pkg/debian/patches

I guess this is the reason why I used dpatch, I could just make a diff,
and add it straight away to the respective patches directory, adding a
simple header without any need for creating/unpacking/etc.

But as I said, I can adapt, I don't have a strong preference for neither
dpatch nor quilt. The only thing is that I am not sure that it will help
a lot to work more efficient.

But if you want, please go ahead ... at the same time you can check
which patches can be removed, texlive-base is already done.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
GLINSK (n.)
A hat which politicians but to go to Russia in.