Re: [NTG-context] debian context updates

> Isn't texlive in ubuntu? Maybe not in 6.10.

It is there, but if you've upgraded from 6.06, you start and remain with
tetex.  But I've just managed to get rid of the tetex packages and
replace them with the texlive ones.  I installed the 7.04 tex-common
package (0.42) by hand , and could then install your context packages
(which need tex-common >= 0.35) without any --force.  Progress!

> (BTW, can you send me this file in private with all support stuff, I
> need context test documents, I wont publish it ;-)

It's in a pathetic state (in terms of being a decent book) right now,
but it mostly compiles and I'll fix a few glitches and send you a .tgz.
It'll soon all go on the web (in the next few weeks).

>> Not sure what the best solution is.  The symlink is a bit of a hack.
> There is none. Stick with pdf(e)tex as shipped by tetex.

(or as shipped by texlive, which is v1.30) Then I cannot test context
with the latest pdftex.  The symlink hack is working, so I'll stick with
that for the moment.

-Sanjoy

`A nation of slaves is always prepared to applaud the clemency of their
 master who, in the abuse of absolute power, does not proceed to the
 last extremes of injustice and oppression.'  (Gibbon)