Re: lenny release goals and the tetex->texlive transition

"Kevin B. McCarty" <kmccarty@Princeton.EDU> wrote:

> The following ought to be useful to answer these questions:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~kmccarty/tetex-to-texlive-mapping/
>
> I mentioned it before on this list, but maybe it was forgotten...

Well, not really forgotten, but I wasn't aware how usefull it is...

> u/s/t-t/fonts/source/public/esint/bigint.mf
> u/s/t-t/fonts/source/public/esint/esint10.mf
> u/s/t-t/fonts/source/public/esint/mathint.mf
> u/s/t-t/makeindex/nomencl.ist
> u/s/t-t/tex/generic/localloc/localloc.sty

Many thanks.  nomencl.ist is not a problem, since it's only used with
nomencl.sty, which is in tetex-extra.  localloc.sty looks like a "how
LaTeX3 should do it" thing, I don't think anything uses it.

The fonts are also only used with esint.sty/uesint.fd, which are in
tetex-extra (unless, of course, someone does it by hand.  But I pay a
box of champagne, real champagne, if any Debian package that
Build-Depends on us does that).

Fine - this means that we can create a metapackage tetex-bin which
Depends: texlive (or the individual texlive components, we don't need
ConTeXt, probably), and even use that for Build-Depends.

Next I should look at your scripts and find which packages constitute
tetex-extra...