Re: lenny release goals and the tetex->texlive transition

Frank Küster wrote:

> Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:

>> As I said, I vote for the transitional packages, and that move should be
>> done immediately after etch released.
>
> Before we do that, we should check
>
> - whether everything in tetex-base + tetex-bin is included in the
>   texlive metapackage.  I can imagine that some style has been installed
>   in -base, but is in tl-latex-extra.  If we find this, we should try to
>   get an idea whether any build-depending package might use this.
>
> - whether we can specify a decent list of texlive packages on which the
>   tetex-extra transitional package depends on.  If this ends up to be
>   2/3 of texlive-full, it's not practical.

The following ought to be useful to answer these questions:

http://people.debian.org/~kmccarty/tetex-to-texlive-mapping/

I mentioned it before on this list, but maybe it was forgotten...

To specifically answer the first question above, tetex-base includes
five files that are installed to texlive-latex-extra, only one of which
is a style file.  Those are:

u/s/t-t/fonts/source/public/esint/bigint.mf
u/s/t-t/fonts/source/public/esint/esint10.mf
u/s/t-t/fonts/source/public/esint/mathint.mf
u/s/t-t/makeindex/nomencl.ist
u/s/t-t/tex/generic/localloc/localloc.sty

(u = /usr, s = share, t-t = texmf-tetex)

best regards,