Re: Sould tl-latex-base suggest/recommend tl-fonts-recommended?

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:

> Overall, I would not change texlive's splitting [1] but only add some
> connection between tl-latex-base and tl-fonts-recommended. However, IMO
> a Depends: would be to much. Especially for buildds but also for users
> who know what they are doing it does not hurt to make it possible to
> install LaTeX without the LW35 fonts.

Won't exactly that be a problem for buildds?  Many LaTeX-code-generators
do \usepackage{times/mathptmx/...}, and it will be hard to tell
maintainers that they need an additional dependency on
fonts-recommended.  In particular for stuff like debiandoc-sgml which
only Suggests a TeX system and leaves the actual dependencies to the
packages that use it.