Re: Sould tl-latex-base suggest/recommend tl-fonts-recommended?

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:

> Hi eveybody,
>
> recently I was involved in a discussion on c.t.t. with a Ubuntu user who
> had installed the texlive packages present in the last Ubuntu release.
> Simple documents ussing one of the fonts provided by PSNFSS failed on
> his system, because he had not installed tl-fonts-recommended. Turns out
> he individually selected packages instead of starting with the 'texlive'
> metapackage. One way to make something like this less likely would be to
> have tl-latex-base suggest/recommend tl-fonts-recommended. What do you
> think?

Yes, I think that installing texlive-latex-base should give you
everything that is "required" by LaTeX - and psnfss is one of these
packages.  From this point of view, we should even make it a Depends -
or if the size seems too large, separate out the collections needed for
psnfss.

Note that with the changes I suggested for TeXlive, the psnfss stuff is
bound to get somewhat smaller even if we still include the non-psnfss
type1 fonts.